I have to credit my favourite thrift/beading supply store for this clever and incredibly simple DIY. I bought this cute blue ombre plastic bead necklace from Value Village for $1.99, which is a steal considering how many beads there are on this one necklace. On my next visit I saw this interesting little bracelet made all out of jump rings. I didn't purchase the bracelet because it wasn't entirely to my taste but I took a picture of it so that I can replicate it with my own choice of beads. The project was so much fun and easy to make that I made several in one sitting!
This is, by far, the easiest jewelry I've made; it didn't need any chains, wires, or crimps. All I used were jump rings in 2 sizes, clasps and beads. If you're a beginner, I would recommend starting with this project to get a hang of handling jump rings and tools like pliers.
Check out the tutorial on how to make this jump ring bracelet.
Jump ring bracelet
Large jump rings
Small jump rings
Needle nose pliars
1. To form the base chain, open up one large jump ring, insert one bead and close the jump ring.
2. Open up another large jump ring, hook it into the first jump ring, add a bead and close the jump ring.
3. Continue doing this until your base chain is long enough to fit your wrist. Attach your choice of clasp at both ends of the chain.
4. Next, open up one small jump ring, insert one bead, hook it through one large jump ring on your base chain, and close the small jump ring. Do this twice for each large jump ring on your base chain. So each of your large beaded jump rings should have two small beaded jump rings hanging on it.
5. Continue doing this on all the large jump rings on your base chain and your done!